What skills are important in a Data Scientist Resume?
I have just completed my degree in Analytics and I’m looking for job as a Data Scientist. I have a couple of years of experience as a programmer. What should I highlight on my technical resume besides my degree?
Here is a list of the top skills, qualities, and characteristics that are important for a data scientist.
- Programming Capability – It doesn’t matter what languages you’ve programmed in. Your aptitude and experience are more important.
- Data Literacy / Data Management – Data management has become far more complex so describe any work with data and data architectures.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Some people are just born naturally curious about the world around them. Data science is a great fit for them.
- Business Acumen – Describe your understanding of business internal processes and practices, as well as business drivers and marketplaces.
- Communication – Describe how you visually represent information, using data visualization tools.
- Advanced Mathematics and Applied Statistics – Describe your statistical work. It could be school projects, research work, etc.
Ask Your Resume Question
I will answer your resume question within 3 working days. It will be posted on this page. Please check back then. - Jennifer Hay